Agriculture, environment and sustainability
Our agriculture, environment and sustainability courses examine how we interact with, manage and protect the living world. Our planet needs highly educated and creative people to maintain our environment, while still providing the necessary resources for our ever-increasing human population. You can study ways to manage the risks associated with seasons, climate change and global warming, or prepare for a career in agribusiness and learn how to farm and produce food and wine.
Undergraduate courses, which usually lead to a bachelor degree, are for those who haven't previously graduated from university.
Postgraduate degrees are usually for those who already have a university degree, although there are some exceptions.
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainability and Climate Policy
- Graduate Diploma in Sustainability and Climate Policy
- Master of Sustainability and Climate Policy
We conduct vital research into agriculture, environment and sustainability on a local, national and global scale.
Our centres and institutes
Several of our research centres and institutes focus on agriculture, environment and/or sustainability. They include:
- Australian Seafood CRC
- Australian Sustainable Development Institute (ASDI)
- Centre of Excellence for Science, Seafood and Health
- Curtin Industrial Modelling & Optimisation (CIMO)
- Curtin University Sustainability Policy Institute (CUSP)
- Curtin Water Quality Research Centre (CWQRC) (Water Corporation)
- International Institute for Agri-Food Security (IIAFS)
- Western Australian Marine Science Institute (WAMSI)
If you don't meet our entry requirements, there are still plenty of ways to gain entry to Curtin.
UniReady Enabling Program
If you don't think you'll meet Curtin's entry requirements, you can still qualify for a range of Business, Humanities and Health Sciences courses after completing the UniReady Enabling Program.
StepUp to Curtin Scheme
Stepup grants bonus ATAR points based on your circumstances or location, and could help make you eligible for admission into Curtin courses. Learn about StepUp to Curtin.
Our other enabling courses are:
- Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- English Language Enabling Course
- Curtin English Language Centre courses