Architecture and construction
Architecture and construction is more than just designing and constructing buildings. Our courses are about creating quality environments in which people live, work and play. The growing need for infrastructure to support communities and industry means professionals in this area have opportunities to work on diverse and interesting projects. These can range from small projects such as designing houses to large-scale ones like building hospitals, factories or freeways.
Undergraduate courses, which usually lead to a bachelor degree, are for those who haven't previously graduated from university.
Postgraduate degrees are usually for those who already have a university degree, although there are some exceptions.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Graduate Diploma in Project Management
- Master of Science (Project Management)
These courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to study when and where it suits you, without having to attend lectures or tutorials on campus.
Our research into architecture, construction, urban planning and built environment helps shape Australia's future.
Our centres and institutes
We have several research centres and institutes dedicated to conducting vital research into planning and built environment.
- Centre for Sport and Recreation Research (CSRR)
- Centre for Sustainable Built Environment (SBE)
- Planning and Transport Research Centre (PaTREC)
- Sustainable Built Environment National Research Centre (SBE-NRC)
If you don't meet our entry requirements, there are still plenty of ways to gain entry to Curtin.
UniReady Enabling Program
If you don't think you'll meet Curtin's entry requirements, you can still qualify for a range of Business, Humanities and Health Sciences courses after completing the UniReady Enabling Program.
StepUp to Curtin Scheme
Stepup grants bonus ATAR points based on your circumstances or location, and could help make you eligible for admission into Curtin courses. Learn about StepUp to Curtin.
Our other enabling courses are:
- Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Medicine and Health Sciences Enabling Course
- English Language Enabling Course
- Curtin English Language Centre courses