Abbreviated Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) application requirements
If you're looking to apply for our Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy), please refer to our admission requirements before completing your application.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for undergraduate study at Curtin University, including the English requirement. Applicants must also have previously completed tertiary level studies leading to an international physiotherapy qualification equivalent in duration to no less than three academic years. This qualification must have:
- included theoretical and clinical components of cardiorespiratory, musculoskeletal and neurological physiotherapy and electrotherapy, similar in content and duration to Australian physiotherapy education programs AND
- Qualified the candidate to be registered/licensed as a physiotherapist in the country in which the course was undertaken.
If you are an international applicant, please ensure you provide all required essential documentation together with your scanned application form in one email to: Curtin’s International Office. using the subject tile: Application for Abbreviated Physiotherapy course.
If you are an Australian citizen, Permanent resident or a New Zealand Citizen and wish to be considered for this course, please ensure you provide all required essential documentation together with your scanned application form in one email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject tile: Application for Abbreviated Physiotherapy course. Applications will be accepted via email only.
Essential documents to include with your application
- Original or certified copies of qualifications including academic transcripts (grades)
- Provided full course curricula detail (syllabus/unit outlines) for physiotherapy program completed, including detail of all theoretical and clinical components. This is essential for evaluation to allow for credit for recognised learning (CRL) to be granted
- Evidence of eligibility for current registration as a physiotherapist in the country in which the course was undertaken
- Evidence of meeting the English requirement for undergraduate entry
- Detail of current and previous employment
- BSc Physiotherapy (Abbreviated) course has a 15th October offer acceptance deadline.
- Nanyang Polytechnic (Singapore): Different enrolment options are available to applicants who hold a Diploma in Physiotherapy qualification from Nanyang Polytechnic in Singapore.
Credit for recognised learning
- Credit for recognised learning (CRL) will be granted to suitably qualified applicants and enable admission into Study Period 1 (January) of the Bachelor of Science (Physiotherapy) course