If you're an Australian or international student looking to apply for one of our undergraduate or postgraduate courses, please refer to our admission criteria before completing your application.
Undergraduate admission criteria
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to qualify for one of our undergraduate programs:
- An Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) of 70 or equivalent
- English Language proficiency
- Any course prerequisites for a particular course.
Did you study at an overseas high school? View a list of overseas senior secondary school leaving qualifications recognised by Curtin University. If your qualification isn't listed but you have successfully completed a minimum of one year full-time study in a bachelor degree at a recognised overseas tertiary institution, you may still be eligible for admission. Find out more in the international and overseas qualifications section.
Please note: meeting the minimum admission criteria does not guarantee entry to our programs. Applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Postgraduate coursework admission criteria
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to qualify for one of our postgraduate coursework programs:
- Completed a bachelor degree awarded by a recognised tertiary institution. Some postgraduate courses may require a completed bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Some graduate certificate courses may consider applicants with an appropriate level of significant work experience relevant to the field of study. Please refer to the specific course admission criteria to see if this is an entry option for your course.
- If you have completed a bachelor degree awarded by an overseas tertiary institution, we will assess your qualification to ensure it is comparable to the Australian bachelor degree level.
- English language proficiency
- Some postgraduate courses may have additional admission criteria such as certain course weighted averages obtained in the bachelor and relevant work experience. Refer to the information page specific to your course for more information.
International and overseas qualifications
Qualifications obtained overseas may satisfy our minimum admission requirements but separate evidence of English competency may be required. Check whether your overseas qualification satisfies our admission requirements.
Please be advised that assessment of overseas qualifications can be a complex process and as a result in most cases it can't be completed immediately.
Applications are assessed on a case–by-case basis against criteria set by Curtin University.
You're strongly encouraged to submit your final academic transcripts, grading keys and degree award certificate (if applicable) with an application for admission into your course of interest so your overseas qualification and application for entry into the course can be assessed at the same time.
If you're an Australian resident or citizen, you're welcome to email the Admissions Office with a copy of your overseas qualifications (including final academic transcripts, grading keys and degree award certificate, if applicable). If you're an international student please contact Curtin International. Your qualification will be assessed as soon as possible.
International and overseas qualifications not issued in English
If the original document is not issued in English, an official translation from a recognised translation service listed below must also be provided:
- National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI) accredited translator in Australia
- The Awarding institution
- A Notary Public Office
- The official Government body
- An official and accredited translator*
*Official translations are subject to review by Curtin University.
Students may be required to provide further supporting documentation.