Master of Dietetics application requirements
Please refer to our application requirements before applying for a Master of Dietetics (MG-DIETS) at Curtin.
Things to know before applying
- The course entry is competitive and a high course weighted average is required.
- An equivalent undergraduate degree needs to meet the Dietitians’ Association of Australia requirements for entry to a Graduate Entry Master.
- These specify that 50% of each of the first and second years of undergraduate study must be composed of bioscience, chemistry, physiology and biochemistry as outlined in the Manual for Accreditation of Dietetic Education Programs.
- Students also need to have completed the equivalent of 100 credit points of undergraduate nutrition at second and third year level.
- Prospective applicants who have a dietetic qualification that can be considered by the Dietitians' Association of Australia for recognition of overseas skills are not eligible for entry into this program.
- Supplementary information is required to be submitted by all eligible applicants. The primary purpose of this is to assess a range of graduate attributes that are considered essential for dietetic practitioners, particularly communication skills. Applications will be reviewed by a selection panel.
Documents to submit with your application
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- academic transcript and award certificate
- provide a one-page statement outlining what skills and personal attributes you will bring to the dietetics course, as well as areas you feel you will need to develop in the dietetics course. Personal statement template - [.pdf 32kB]
- Provide two academic referees using the referee template - [.pdf 46kB]. Graduates of the BSc (Nutrition) from Curtin University are exempt from this requirement. Note: Referee reports are to be returned directly from the referee to Dr Andrea Begley.