Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) requirements
Please refer to our application requirements before applying for a Master of Nursing (Nurse Practitioner) (MC-NPRACT) at Curtin.
Things to know before applying
- Before applying, please consider your employment opportunities; this course does not automatically lead to Nurse Practitioner employment.
- You must be available to undertake clinical practice during and/ or outside semester in health care facilities. Clinical practice blocks can be several weeks in length and you should consider the impact of reduced income during that time.
- You will complete two clinical placements totaling 300 hours of supernumerary clinical practice in your chosen specialty area/s under the guidance of clinical preceptors and mentors. It is recommended that you obtain support from workplace management where you intend to complete the clinical placement/s.
- Applicants are required to provide as much information as possible relating to their education and professional background to assist in application evaluation.
- As part of the application process, a face to face or telephone interview is undertaken between you and the course coordinator, to assist in the assessment of your suitability for entry. Employer statements of service / reference checks are also used to confirm your advanced clinical practice experience.
- You are required to submit an employer Statement of Service with your application. This can be obtained from the WA Health Corporate Network or your State Health Department (if outside WA) or private employer. Please ensure that your Statement of Service is printed on official letterhead.
- You are required to submit a Curriculum Vitae with your application. Your CV must include the following:
- employment dates (dd/mm/yy) and details for each position, including clinical responsibilities and if role was full-time or part-time
- demonstrated ongoing education and professional development
- evidence of active involvement in professional organisations and contribution to the profession/area of specialisation
- Contact details for two professional referees. These contact details must include the referees’ full name, job title, and current telephone number and email address.
Documents to submit with your application
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- Academic transcript and award certificate
- Proof of current registration with AHPRA (please follow these instructions).
- Statement of Employment