Master of Occupational Therapy application requirements
Please refer to our application requirements before applying for a Master of Occupational Therapy (MG-OCCT) at Curtin.
Things to know before applying
- This course comprises of six study periods or two and a half years of intensive full-time study. Domestic students can study this course part-time.
- This course isn't available to study by distance education.
- This program commences with an intensively taught summer study period one unit starting in early January. Students must successfully complete this unit before proceeding to Semester 1 units.
- Entry to this program is competitive and offers will be made based on academic merit.
- You're required to undertake a minimum of 1000 hours supervised clinical practice in a variety of institutions and community settings, including rural and remote areas of Western Australia before you graduate. These placements occur throughout the length of the course and extensively in the final year. One fieldwork block may continue beyond the end of your final semester.
- Students must participate fully in all teaching and learning sessions, be willing to act as subjects for their peer group and be prepared to work with people with a range of disabilities.
- Applications for Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL) will be considered, however because each unit within the Master of Occupational Therapy incorporates occupational therapy applications, CRL will only be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Documents to submit with your application
Please submit the following documents with your application:
- academic transcript and award certificate
- Evidence of study in particular subject field(s) at university level is essential. These essential subject field(s) of study can be found in the course entry requirements for this course.
You are required to self-identify the unit(s) you have or are in the process of completing which you consider to meet these specific unit prerequisite requirements on the template document which is downloadable here.
You must provide this completed template as part of your application.
Please ensure you also provide unit outlines for all units you have self-identified on the template if you have completed these units at an institution other than Curtin.
These unit outlines must contain the syllabus, learning outcomes and assessment for each of the prerequisite unit(s) listed.