Graduate Certificate in Business
Full-time or part-time
Online - find out more
|Study mode||On-campus, off-campus, mixed on- and off-campus and online|
|Intake||January, May or August|
|Duration||4 - 6 months full-time|
This course can serve as your entry pathway to the Master of Business Administration (MBA). It is also a challenging stand-alone course giving you the option to specialise in oil and gas or business or to tailor your studies to suit your needs by choosing from a wide range of business topics.
This course offers you a foundation in leadership studies and business management. You will complete one core unit studying organisational behaviour at an individual, group and organisational level, exploring issues that are changing the way work is conducted, organised and managed today. The rest of your units will depend on your chosen major: oil and gas or business.
- Business Stream (GCB) and Oil and Gas Stream (GCB) available online and face to face. Business Leadership Stream (GCB) available face to face.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
There are two pathways into the Graduate Certificate in Business (GCB) degree program – one for applicants with an undergraduate degree and one for those people without an undergraduate degree.
For applicants with an undergraduate degree all applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate (or equivalent) degree from a recognised university,
- Have a minimum three (3) years of professional work experience.
- Meet the basic English language requirements via either having completed their degree in English, or achieving an IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no score being less than 6.5 on any of the components. A TOEFL score of 580 via paper-based test, 237 via computer or 100 via internet (25 in each section) is also considered as appropriately meeting the English language requirement.
For applicants without an undergraduate degree, all applicants must:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of professional work experience including a number of years in a managerial capacity.
- Meet the basic English language requirements through either being a native English language speaker, or achieving an IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no score being less than 6.5 on any of the components.
English language proficiency
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Other qualifications may also satisfy our English language admission criteria. Please view our English language requirements page to find out more.
This course is offered on either a four or six month basis.
Entry into this program is via competitive entry. There are a limited number of places available and these are allocated to the highest ranked applicants for each round of offers.
As proof of our commitment to providing you with a flexible study environment, we do not limit you to only enrolling at the start of an academic year for this course. An application to study can be lodged at any time throughout the year and successful applicants may commence studies in any of our trimesters – in January, May or September.
This course has a separate application process which differs from the application process required for courses at the Bentley campus. Read the application requirements for further detail.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
|2018||Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.||$15,800*|
Fees are indicative only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 100 credits. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
Applications for credit for recognised learning (CRL) are assessed on an individual basis.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
More information about Business Administration