Graduate Diploma in Business
|Location||Perth City or Sarawak This course may not be offered at all locations every year. Please contact us for more information on availability.|
Part-time or full-time
Online - find out more
|Study mode||On-campus, mixed on- and off-campus and online|
|Intake||January, May or August|
|Duration||1 year full-time or equivalent part-time|
This course is ideal for students with a technical or non-business background wishing to develop an understanding of the functional areas of business. By provision of a broad coverage of core business related topics students will be well prepared to move into leadership and management roles.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
There are two pathways into the Graduate Diploma in Business (GCB) degree program – one for applicants with an undergraduate degree and one for those people without an undergraduate degree.
For applicants with an undergraduate degree all applicants must:
- Possess an undergraduate (or equivalent) degree from a recognised university,
- Have a minimum three (3) years of professional work experience.
- Meet the basic English language requirements via either having completed their degree in English, or achieving an IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no score being less than 6.5 on any of the components. A TOEFL score of 580 via paper-based test, 237 via computer or 100 via internet (25 in each section) is also considered as appropriately meeting the English language requirement.
For applicants without an undergraduate degree, it is only possible to apply for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Business (GCB) program. All applicants must:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of professional work experience including a number of years in a managerial capacity.
- Meet the basic English language requirements through either being a native English language speaker, or achieving an IELTS overall score of 7.0 with no score being less than 6.5 on any of the components.
English language proficiency
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Other qualifications may also satisfy our English language admission criteria. Please view our English language requirements page to find out more.
Entry into this program is via competitive entry. There are a limited number of places available and these are allocated to the highest ranked applicants for each round of offers.
As proof of our commitment to providing you with a flexible study environment, we do not limit you to only enrolling at the start of an academic year for this course. An application to study can be lodged at any time throughout the year and successful applicants may commence studies in any of our trimesters – in January, May or September.
This course has a separate application process which differs from the application process required for courses at the Bentley campus. Read the application requirements for further detail.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
|2018||Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.||$31,600*|
Fees are indicative only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
Applications for credit for recognised learning (CRL) are assessed on an individual basis. Students with waivers may select other appropriate foundation or business environment units from the Master of Business Administration or an additional optional introductory unit.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
More information about Business Administration