MicroMasters in Marketing in a Digital World
Over the next decade, marketing jobs are projected to grow faster than the average for all occupations. In this era of digital disruption, companies are increasingly focused on digital marketing, creating heightened demand for a specialised skill set.
Give yourself a professional advantage with a MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World. By completing the following five verified courses in the program, you’ll learn key concepts and acquire practical skills to build a career in marketing in the digital age.
- Digital Branding and Engagement: Learn how to increase brand engagement through the creation and distribution of content using an owned digital channel approach.
- Reputation Management in a Digital World: Learn how to develop, manage and protect a company’s online reputation through social media.
- Buyer Behaviour and Analysis: Learn how to analyse and apply consumer and buyer behaviour fundamentals to develop an effective marketing campaign.
- Strategic Brand Management: Examine product/brand management decisions and investigate the strategies and tactics to build, measure and manage brand equity.
- Online Marketing Strategies: Learn online marketing opportunities and how to use the Internet, social media, and digital analytics to successfully market your business.
Successful completion of all five verified courses provides an entry pathway into the Master of Marketing program at Curtin. Subject to meeting Curtin’s entry requirements, you will receive credit for three of the eleven units that comprise the degree program.
Frequently asked questions
CurtinX MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World
The MicroMasters credential - Marketing in a Digital World is a standalone certification program offered by CurtinX. It consists of five intensive online courses:
- MKT1x Digital Branding and Engagement
- MKT2x Reputation Management in a Digital World
- MKT3x Buyer Behaviour and Analysis
- MKT4x Strategic Brand Management
- MKT5x Online Marketing Strategies
The five courses cost between USD$99-$199 each with a total cost of USD$795. It is important to also note that the MicroMasters program is NOT a degree-granting program nor is it a guarantee of admission to Curtin or the Master of Marketing degree. It is a separate stand-alone professional certificate.
Credential and certificates
You will receive an individual verified certificate for each MKTx course that you pass as a verified student. Students passing the five MKTx courses will receive a MicroMasters credential as an additional certificate.
To earn a verified certificate for each course you need to successfully complete the associated assessment activities within each course. The verified certificate costs between USD$99-$199 per MKTx course to administer, and requires you to verify your identity using a webcam and a government-issued ID, so employers and schools know that you completed the course work. Verified certificates are issued by edX under the name CurtinX and are delivered online through edx.org.
The passing grade for each MicroMasters course is usually 70%, however learners should familiarise themselves with the specific requirements of each course.
I have already acquired a verified certificate in MKT1x and/or MKT2x. Can these be included in the new MicroMasters in Marketing in a Digital World credential?
Yes, if you have a verified certificate in either or both of these courses they will be included in your progress to attaining the MicroMasters credential. Please note that you should use the same edX ID (username and email account) in all five MKTx courses.
Entry to the Master of Marketing degree
You have two pathways to apply for admission to the Curtin Master of Marketing degree.
- Direct application to Curtin University and achievement of all entry requirements.
- Attainment of the MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World with a minimum score of 70% or higher in all five courses, completion of a degree from a recognised university and demonstrated proficiency in English language. Dependent on the discipline of your Bachelor degree you may also require at least one year of work experience within the Marketing field.
Does completion of the MicroMasters credential guarantee admission to the Curtin Master of Marketing degree?
No. You will need to meet the all the entry requirements for the Degree program.
Can completion of the MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World be used as credit for entry to any other Curtin degree course?
No. The MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World is only a pathway to the Curtin Master of Marketing degree.
Is there a limit to the number of students accepted into the Master of Marketing degree via the MicroMasters credential?
Yes, in addition to the standard entry requirements, there will be a limited number of places allocated to students who have completed the MicroMasters credential in Marketing in a Digital World.