Skip to main content

You are viewing information for Australian and NZ students. View international


Master of Chemical Engineering

MChemEng(Curtin) - MC-CHENGR Science and Engineering
Location Bentley
Study method Part-time or full-time
Online - find out more
Study mode Online or on-campus
Intake February or July
Duration 1.5 years full-time

In your first semester, you may choose four units from a variety of options, followed by two further units and a design project in second semester. Your final semester consists of a research project of your choice. Your individual study plan will depend on the availability and sequence of units within the program and will be subject to approval by the appropriate senior academic. This course provides an advanced professional qualification for engineering or applied science graduates (not usually chemical engineering).

Entry requirements

Entry requirements for Australian and New Zealand students

You must have a recognised degree in engineering or applied science either at honours level or with relevant experience. If you graduated with a bachelor degree in engineering or applied science without honours, but with relevant experience, you may be accepted at the discretion of the course coordinator.


Fees for Australian and New Zealand students

Year Student type Cost
2017 Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees. $26,700*

Fees are indicative first year only.

* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. 300 credits are needed to graduate from this course. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).

Use the Fee Calculator for an estimate of individual unit fees. There may also be some additional costs. For more information, see other fees and charges.

Credit for previous study

Applications for credit for recognised learning (CRL) are assessed on an individual basis.

Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)

More information about Chemical Engineering