Creative Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
|Study method||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||2 years full-time or equivalent part-time.|
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
- Bachelor degree in a non-related field with honours, OR
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a non-related field from a recognised institution (may also require relevant work experience), OR
- Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study, OR
- Graduate certificate or diploma in any field from a recognised institution.
English language proficiency
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Other qualifications may also satisfy our English language admission criteria. Please view our English language requirements page to find out more.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
Unfortunately fee information is not available for this course at this time. Please check out our Fee Calculator for an estimation of course fees.
The requirements of this course may attract additional costs. For more information visit other fees and charges.
Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
The Creative Practice major will equip students with the skills, understanding and discipline to work in a variety of roles depending on the stream taken within the major.
Creative writing students tend towards becoming a copywriter, publisher, editor, media writer, poet or novelist.
Screen arts students tend towards becoming a multimedia developer, screen writer, film and television director, film and television editor, director, cinematographer, researcher, production designer or media teacher.
Theatre arts students tend towards becoming a playwrite, actor, theatre director, set, costume or lighting designer, dramaturg, producer, arts administrator, stage or production manager or theatre technician.
All majors allow you to undertake an internship which can provide you with valuable work experience and a networking opportunity to advance your career.
- Master of Media and Communication
- Media Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Professional Writing and Publishing Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Social and Cultural Inquiry Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Visualisation and Interactive Media Major (Master of Media and Communication)
More information about Media and Communication