Media Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
|Study method||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||2 years full-time or equivalent part-time.|
The Media Practice major is one of five in the Master of Media and Communication course. It is designed for those seeking to develop an understanding of professional communication practice in either Journalism or Corporate Media Production in the current environment.
You will develop critical and analytical understandings, practical and professional skills orientated towards a career in one of the two main disciplines and you will also gain generic skills that are valuable in a range of situations, including leadership, problem-solving and working collaboratively in a team. Participants are encouraged to apply and test these skills and understanding through applied practice in the form of an advanced discipline project and a professionally-orientated placement.
Admission criteria for Australian and New Zealand students
- Bachelor degree in a non-related field with honours, OR
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a non-related field from a recognised institution (may also require relevant work experience), OR
- Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study, OR
- Graduate certificate or diploma in any field from a recognised institution.
English language proficiency
|IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System)|
|Overall band score||6.5|
Other qualifications may also satisfy our English language admission criteria. Please view our English language requirements page to find out more.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
Unfortunately fee information is not available for this course at this time. Please check out our Fee Calculator for an estimation of course fees.
The requirements of this course may attract additional costs. For more information visit other fees and charges.
Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
The media practice major will equip students with the skills, understanding and discipline to work in a variety of roles depending on the stream taken within the major.
All majors allow you to undertake an internship which can provide you with valuable work experience and a networking opportunity to advance your career.
- Creative Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Master of Media and Communication
- Professional Writing and Publishing Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Social and Cultural Inquiry Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Visualisation and Interactive Media Major (Master of Media and Communication)
More information about Media and Communication