Media Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
|Study method||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||2 years full-time or equivalent part-time.|
The Media Practice major is one of five in the Master of Media and Communication course. It is designed for those seeking to develop an understanding of professional communication practice in either Journalism or Corporate Media Production in the current environment.
You will develop critical and analytical understandings, practical and professional skills orientated towards a career in one of the two main disciplines and you will also gain generic skills that are valuable in a range of situations, including leadership, problem-solving and working collaboratively in a team. Participants are encouraged to apply and test these skills and understanding through applied practice in the form of an advanced discipline project and a professionally-orientated placement.
Entry requirements for Australian and New Zealand students
- Bachelor degree in a non-related field with honours, OR
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a non-related field from a recognised institution (may also require relevant work experience), OR
- Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study, OR
- Graduate certificate or diploma in any field from a recognised institution.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
|2017||Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.||$17,700*|
Fees are indicative first year only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. 400 credits are needed to graduate from this course. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
The media practice major will equip students with the skills, understanding and discipline to work in a variety of roles depending on the stream taken within the major.
All majors allow you to undertake an internship which can provide you with valuable work experience and a networking opportunity to advance your career.
- Creative Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Master of Media and Communication
- Professional Writing and Publishing Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Social and Cultural Inquiry Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Visualisation and Interactive Media Major (Master of Media and Communication)
More information about Media and Communication