Professional Writing and Publishing Major (Master of Media and Communication)
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||2 years full-time or equivalent part-time.|
The Professional Writing and Publishing major is one of five in the Master of Media and Communication course. The course teaches you the genres and conventions of professional communication (such as copywriting) and creative non-fiction writing.
Entry requirements for Australian and New Zealand students
- Bachelor degree in a non-related field with honours, OR
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in a non-related field from a recognised institution (may also require relevant work experience), OR
- Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study, OR
- Graduate certificate or diploma in any field from a recognised institution.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
|2017||Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.||$17,700*|
Fees are indicative first year only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. 400 credits are needed to graduate from this course. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
The Professional Writing and Publishing (PWP) major will equip students with the skills, understanding and discipline to work in corporate communications and media in state, federal and local government, business and industry, the not-for-profit sector, arts organisations, and the magazine and book industries.
All majors allow you to undertake an internship which can provide you with valuable work experience and a networking opportunity to advance your career.
More information about Media and Communication