Social and Cultural Inquiry Major (Master of Media and Communication)
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||2 years full-time or equivalent part-time.|
The Social and Cultural Inquiry major is one of five in the Master of Media and Communication course. The course teaches you critical and theoretical understandings of the ways that contemporary cultures are affected by, and react to, processes of global change. You have a choice to study one of two disciplines: cultural studies or social science.
Entry requirements for Australian and New Zealand students
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
|2017||Domestic fee paying Domestic fee-paying - A domestic fee-paying place is a place at university which is not Commonwealth supported, that is, not subsidised by the Australian Government. Domestic fee paying students will be charged tuition fees and may be eligible for FEE-HELP assistance for all or part of those tuition fees.||$17,700*|
Fees are indicative first year only.
* Based on a first-year full-time study load of 200 credits. 400 credits are needed to graduate from this course. The total cost will depend on your course options (i.e. units selected and time taken to complete).
Bachelor degree in a related field, which will provide credit for recognised learning for one semester of study.
Learn about Credit for Recognised Learning (CRL)
The research, literary and critical thinking that you will gain by studying this major will help you in pursuing a career as a sociologist, researcher, historian, anthropologist or arts administrator.
- Creative Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Master of Media and Communication
- Media Practice Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Professional Writing and Publishing Major (Master of Media and Communication)
- Visualisation and Interactive Media Major (Master of Media and Communication)
More information about Media and Communication