Sustainability and Climate Policy
Our new, exciting, multi-level and multi-disciplinary sustainability program draws upon nationally and internationally renowned scholars and practitioners. These state-of-the-art courses will provide you with the tools and knowledge to think holistically and develop a solution-focused approach to the major challenges posed by climate change, resource depletion and other major environmental issues.
Sustainability shows us how we can reduce our planetary footprint while improving quality of life for all. It creatively integrates ecological, social, economic and cultural perspectives, offering new policy and practice possibilities. Our sustainability courses emphasise societal learning, policy development and implementation of sustainable practice. Your studies will allow you to develop finely tuned skills and capacities in each of these respects, while building in a variety of ways upon your work and prior studies.
These courses are designed to:
- Strengthen your career opportunities
- Stimulate your professional development
- Develop your research, policy, report-writing and program evaluation skills
- Establish pathways to professional and research based PhDs
- Enhance your capacity to work independently and in teams
- Prepare you for working in specialised capacities within multi-disciplinary teams
- Extend your professional relationships and networks
- Strengthen your connections with business, government and community, and
- Equip you to make a difference.