|Indicative ATAR||70 Indicative TER (ATAR) - This figure provides an indication of the TER (ATAR) normally required to enter this course. It is provided as a guide only.|
|Study method||Full-time or part-time|
|Intake||February or July|
|Duration||3 years full-time|
The screen arts major combines essential analytical, creative and practical production skills to provide you with an excellent springboard for a career in the film and television industries.
You will choose to specialise in either screen production or screen studies.
Screen arts is offered as part of the Bachelor of Arts. You can enhance your studies with a secondary major or choose from a range of elective units to support your career goals
You will work with professional-level equipment in a challenging, creative environment. Our television studio features pedestal-mounted cameras with a fully equipped control room supported by a digital server.
All field video cameras capture their images digitally and postproduction is done on industry-standard digital systems – Final Cut Pro and Avid, for which Curtin is an accredited training partner.
The latest ProTools audio software is used in our digital sound-mixing suite. In addition to the dedicated editing and sound suites, you will have 23-hour access to high-speed Mac laboratories with script and special effect software.You can study this as part of a double major:
- Literary and Cultural Studies
- Theatre Arts
- Product, Furniture and Jewellery Design
- Anthropology and Sociology
- Creative Advertising and Graphic Design
- Creative Writing
- Digital Design
*Please note not all majors are offered online
High achieving students may complete an additional honours year enabling them to undertake their own significant research project.
Entry requirements for Australian and New Zealand students
Indicative TER (ATAR) Indicative TER (ATAR) - This figure provides an indication of the TER (ATAR) normally required to enter this course. It is provided as a guide only.
STAT entry STAT entry - The Special Tertiary Admissions Test (STAT) assesses competencies considered important for success at uni. These tests are provided by the Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC) to help mature age candidates apply for certain courses.
Written English and either MC Verbal or Quantitative
Please see our correlation comparability for previous TEE subjects, WACE courses and WACE ATAR courses.
Mature age entry
Essential WACE courses
English ATAR, Literature ATAR or English as an Additional Language/Dialect ATAR
A TAFE certificate IV and evidence of English competency or a TAFE diploma.
Fees for Australian and New Zealand students
Unfortunately fee information is not available for this course at this time. Please check out our Fee Calculator for an estimation of course fees.
The requirements of this course may attract additional costs. For more information visit other fees and charges.
This course can help you become a:
- Multimedia Developer
- Film, Stage and Television Director
- Film and Television Editor
- Broadcasting Technician
- Sound Technician
- Audiovisual Technician
- Film and Television Camera Operator
- Film and Television Lighting Operator
- Film and Television Producer's Assistant
- Production Designer
- Media Teacher
To pursue a career in film or television we recommend completing a double major with one of:
If you're seeking a career in this field we recommend taking a double major with one of:
Advertising and Corporate Media Production
For this career path we recommend completing a double major with one of:
- Screen-based media and entertainment is one of the most consistent growth industries over the past 20 years. This industry will continue to grow and expand in new directions with new opportunities.
- Screen production and communication skills are valued across a range of industries, offering varied and interesting career opportunities locally and around the world.
- Screen production, writing and studies connect with a variety of different disciplines, providing opportunities for a wonderfully creative and rewarding career.