A person's education is the stepladder to their future. A good teacher helps others fulfil their potential by passing on knowledge, skills, confidence and the ability to develop, grow and learn outside the classroom. Studying education will give you a clear understanding of teaching theory and classroom practice, plus our courses will teach you about the cultural, social and individual needs of children in school and how you can make a difference to their education and future.
Postgraduate degrees are usually for those who already have a university degree, although there are some exceptions.
- Graduate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
- Master of Arts (Applied Linguistics)
- Early Childhood Education Major (MTeach)
- Master of Education
- Master of Teaching
- Primary Education Major (MTeach)
- Secondary Education Major (MTeach)
Our education research contributes to the development of pedagogy and education methods across the world.
Our centres and institutes
Our centres and institutes involved in educational research include the Humanities Office of Research and Graduate Studies.
If you don't meet our entry requirements, there are still plenty of ways to gain entry to Curtin.
UniReady Enabling Program
If you don't think you'll meet Curtin's entry requirements, you can still qualify for a range of Business, Humanities and Health Sciences courses after completing the UniReady Enabling Program.
StepUp to Curtin Scheme
Stepup grants bonus ATAR points based on your circumstances or location, and could help make you eligible for admission into Curtin courses. Learn about StepUp to Curtin.
Our other enabling courses are:
- Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- Indigenous Pre-Medicine and Health Sciences Enabling Course
- English Language Enabling Course
- Curtin English Language Centre courses