Engineering and mining
Western Australia has a booming resources industry and at Curtin, you'll get heaps of opportunities for hands-on experience and industry training. Our courses will teach you about the mining and engineering industries and help you develop the self-confidence and interpersonal skills needed for a successful career in some of the world's most economically important industries. You could even choose to study at Curtin's Western Australian School of Mines (WASM) in Kalgoorlie, which is a major centre for mining and resources.
Undergraduate courses, which usually lead to a bachelor degree, are for those who haven't previously graduated from university.
- Applied Geology
- Applied Geology and Environmental Biology Double Degree
- Applied Geology and Finance Double Degree
- Applied Geology and Geophysics Double Degree
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering and Chemistry Double Degree
- Chemical Engineering and Extractive Metallurgy Double Degree
- Civil and Construction Engineering
- Civil and Construction Engineering and Mining Double Degree
- Computer Systems Engineering
- Computer Systems Engineering and Computer Science Double Degree
- Electrical Power Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering
- Electronic and Communication Engineering and Computer Science Double Degree
- Enabling Course for Science, Engineering and Health
- Engineering (Honours)
- Engineering Foundation Year
- Engineering and Commerce Double Degree
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Geographic Information Science
- Geographic Information Science and Applied Geology Double Degree
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mine and Engineering Surveying
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics and Electronic and Communication Engineering Double Degree
Postgraduate degrees are usually for those who already have a university degree, although there are some exceptions.
- Graduate Certificate in Chemical Engineering
- Graduate Diploma in Chemical Engineering
- Master of Chemical Engineering
- Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science
- Graduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science
- Master of Science (Geospatial Science)
- Graduate Certificate in Mineral and Energy Economics
- Master of Science (Mineral and Energy Economics)
- Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Engineering
- Master of Engineering Science (Petroleum Engineering)
- Master of Petroleum Engineering
These courses are delivered online, giving you the flexibility to study when and where it suits you, without having to attend lectures or tutorials on campus.
UndergraduateNo courses available.
Our research into minerals, resources, exploration and engineering helps shape the future of the world's industries and economies.
Our centres and institutes
Several of our research centres and institutes are dedicated to advances in engineering and mining. They include:
- Australian Centre for Geomechanics
- Centre for Exploration Targeting
- CRC for Greenhouse Gas Technologies (CO2CRC) II
- CRC Mining II
- Curtin Institute of Minerals and Energy (CIME)
- Fuels and Energy Technology Institute (FETI)
- Parker CRC for Integrated Hydrometallurgy Solutions (ParkerIII)
- Rio Tinto Centre for Materials and Sensing in Mining
If you don't meet our entry requirements, there are still plenty of ways to gain entry to Curtin.
UniReady Enabling Program
If you don't think you'll meet Curtin's entry requirements, you can still qualify for a range of Business, Humanities and Health Sciences courses after completing the UniReady Enabling Program.
StepUp to Curtin Scheme
Stepup grants bonus ATAR points based on your circumstances or location, and could help make you eligible for admission into Curtin courses. Learn about StepUp to Curtin.
Our other enabling courses are:
- Indigenous Tertiary Enabling Course
- English Language Enabling Course
- Curtin English Language Centre courses